Dear Members and potential Members
With effect from 1st January 2017 all membership for the club will be managed through the British Cycling Management Tool. This is an online database that the Club Secretary will use to store all member details. As it is accessed via the British Cycling website all new members and those members who are renewing will need to apply for membership through an online account. This does not mean that you need to be a member of British Cycling. You will just need to setup an account on their website to apply for club membership. However, all members are encouraged to join British Cycling to take advantage of their third party liability insurance.
During the registration you will need to accept the terms and conditions of membership for East London Velo. These are as follows:
- Membership is due from the 1st of January each year unless you join after 1st October in which case you will be given free membership for the following year.
- Once membership expires, you will be notified by email, and must renew within 28 days otherwise you will be deemed to no longer be a club member and your details will be removed from the club management tool.
- All new membership and renewals should be applied for through the club subscription page hosted by British Cycling.
- All members details will be held on the British Cycling Management Tool.
- All new subscriptions will be either accepted or rejected by the Club Secretary or their nominated representative. Any person whose application to join the club is rejected have a right to appeal in writing to the Club Chairman and Club Secretary.
If you have exceptional circumstances whereby you cannot apply for or renew your membership using the British Cycling website then please email the Club Secretary directly stating why you cannot apply online.
If you have any questions regarding membership then please contact the Membership Secretary.
Or, if you want to join the club, our British Cycling club page is here https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/club/profile/918/east-london-velo